Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation
Head of the department - Nikoloz Kachibaia
In F. Todua Clinic Department of Anesthesia and Resuscitation offers patients a wide range of treatments, including selection of anesthesia techniques, postoperative management of patients and pain management.
Physicians of the Department have a wide variety of clinical and scientific experiences, interests and subspecialties that have a direct impact on improving patient care. In our Clinic anesthesia services and postoperative treatment are performed during interventions such as:
- General surgery;
- Gynecological surgery;
- Vascular surgery;
- Orthopedics, Traumatology;
- Oncology surgery;
- Head and neck surgery;
- Urological surgery;
- Plastic surgery;
- Interventional radiology;
- Endoscopic surgery.
Multidisciplinary team of 9 anesthesiologists-resuscitators, following the traditions of the Clinic, at the same time use the latest technologies in anesthesiology, including the preoperative period. The department cooperates with various departments of the Clinic and provides anesthesia services, even in those cases when their patients require specialized care, such as pediatric patients.
The clinic conducts:
- Preoperative visit, examination of patients and preparation for surgery;
- Selection of anesthesia equipment during different types of surgeries and special needs;
- Postoperative intensive care;
- Provide anesthesia in elderly patients;
- Provide anesthesia in overweight patients;
- Provide anesthesia to patients with cardiac problems and diabetes;
- Provide anesthesia for MRI, CT, PET scans during diagnostic examinations in pediatric patients;
- Provide anesthesia during endoscopic examinations;
- Provide anesthesia in patients with claustrophobia (fear of confined space) during diagnostic procedures;
- Provide anesthesia in patients with oncological problems.