Department of Endoscopy and Endosurgery
Head of the department - Teimuraz Ioseliani
The department carries out:
- Endoscopic examination of the esophagus, stomach, duodenum and large intestine, detection of Helicobacter pylori by biopsy;
- Endoscopic ligation of the esophageal varices;
- Balloon dilatation of the esophagus due to achalasia, burns and anastomosis; Early detection of gastric cancer;
- Treatment of narrowing of the esophagus, stomach and intestines with stents.
The Department is equipped with ultra-modern digital endoscopic device Evis Exera III, OLYMPUS, which is distinguished by its high image quality, which results in a more explicit exams of the pathological process. Compared to the previous models, the dual-focus video camera of Evis Exera III moves as close as possible to the examination area. Near-focus imaging and color-changing function diagnose existing pathology at an early stage. Evis Exera III is the gold standard in the diagnosis of precancerous diseases and the visualization of tumors.
With NBI function it is possible to microscopically visualize the capillary network of tissue and differentiate various diseases.
Compared to other endoscopic systems, the endoscopic ultrasound function is improved, that implies direct ultrasound examination of this or that area during the endoscopic procedure.
In addition to diagnostic procedures, therapeutic endosurgical manipulations of various complexity can also be performed:
- Endoscopic diagnosis of polyps, colorectal polypectomy and endoscopic mucosal resection,
;• Determining the endoscopic and morphological picture of different forms of colitis.
- Endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of biliary tract diseases. (Papillotomy, stenting and balloon dilatation);
- Thermal hemostasis and devitalization.
Examinations are performed under both local anesthesia and venous sedation.
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the hepatopancreatoduodenal zone.
- Early diagnosis and treatment of tumors of the digestive system;
- Endoscopic ultrasonography in the diagnosis of diseases of the digestive system.
Mechanical sterilization of fibro endoscopes, fermented disinfection and antiseptic sterilization is performed with the automatic disinfection apparatus of endoscopes. The endoscopic equipment is processed by complete sterilization of the manipulation channels inside and outside.
Automatic disinfection and sterilization of the endoscope prevents all types of infections: fungal, AIDS, prevalence of hepatitis C and tuberculosis.