Department of Operative Gynecology
Head of the Department - Nino Chogovadze
The gynecological operating room is equipped with the latest generation equipment and instruments. It is noteworthy that 3D laparoscopy provides the best spatial visualization of the operating field and the accuracy of surgical manipulation. Gynecological diseases nowadays remain one of the main problems. According to world statistics, gynecological pathology is revealed in more than 60% of women of reproductive age. Malignant diseases of the female genitalia have a special place in clinical oncology. More than one million oncology cases are registered worldwide every year. That is why it is vital to detect gynecological diseases early, define right diagnosis and select the optimal treatment tactics.
In the Department of Operative Gynecology of Fridon Todua Medical Center following pathologies are treated:
- Surgical diagnosis and treatment of infertility;
- Diagnostic laparoscopy;
- Examination of the fallopian tubes and restoration-fimbrioplasty;
- Reduction of postoperative pelvic adhesion;
- Surgical treatment of endometriosis;
- Laparoscopic surgery for ovarian cysts and other benign tumors.
Hysteroscopy of the following pathologies:
- Polyps of the uterine cavity;
- Endometrial hyperplasia - submucosal fibroid of the uterus;
- Hysteroscopic plastic surgery of the uterus in case of defects of uterine development (incomplete and complete partition of the uterus, T-shaped uterus).
- Vaginal approach;
- Uterine myoma hysterectomy;
- Vaginal prolapse;
Surgical treatment of onco-gynecological pathologies by laparoscopy and with the abdomen:
- Cervical cancer;
- Uterine Cancer;
- Vulvar cancer.
- Ovarian cancer