Department of Surgical Urology
Head of the department - Zaal Kvirikashvili.
The Department of Surgical Urology is equipped with the latest generation laparoscopic kit from STORZ and OLYMPUS and modern endoscopic equipment.
Symptoms of urological disease include:
- Frequent urination;
- Bloody admixture in urine;
- Urinary retention;
- Deterioration of general condition, etc.
These are complaints that patients may leave unattended. As the first symptoms appear it is essential for patients to address a physician for consultation, make tests to diagnose the disease at an early stage.
The Department conducts outpatient procedures:
- Cystoscopy with biopsy - the latest flexible video cystoscopy on an outpatient basis;
- Transrectal ultrasound- guided targeted prostate biopsy;
- Biopsy of tumors of different localization;
- Urinary catheterization, stenting;
- Suprapubic cystostomy (Epistystostomy).
The Department of Surgical Urology carries out:
- Modern oncology surgeries;
- Urological surgeries;
- Laparoscopic surgeries;
- Open surgeries.
- Open and laparoscopic nephrectomy;
- Organ- preserving kidney resection;
- Excision of the adrenal gland.
- Transurethral resection;
- Radical and modified;
- Cystectomy with lymphadenectomy;
Tumors of seminal glands and external genitalia:
- removal of seminal glands
- Reproperitoneal (paraaortic) lymphadenectomy;
- Amputation of the external genitalia;
- lymphadenectomy of groin area (inguinal lymph nodes)
- Pelvic lymphadenectomy.
- Laparoscopic prostatectomy;
- Benign prostate tumors (adenoma) - transcutaneous resection with bipolar resectoscope;
Radical surgical treatment of pelvic tumors:
- Locally spread tumors;
- Combined surgeries;
- Radical surgical treatment of reproperitoneal, tumors of the abdomen and small pelvis.