Department of Allergology
Head of the Department - Tamar Barblishvili
An allergy is an increased response of the human immune system to substances that are usually harmless to a large portion of the population.
Allergy causing allergens may include: household, animal, plant, food, drug, etc.
There is a growing trend of allergic diseases all over the world. Diagnosis of allergen-causing agents is made using Allergopharma test kit K. Also, laboratory ImmunoCap tests on a new generation analyzer Phadia 100.
The head of this department is doctor allergist Tamar Barblishvili.
Immunotherapeutic procedures are carried out for the detection of hypersensitivity to drugs by skin samples,
Various allergic diseases are managed / treated in Toduac Clinic, including:
- Allergic rhinitis
- Bronchial asthma
- Urticaria (so-called hives)
- Angioedema (Quincke's edema)
- Atopic dermatitis
- Drug allergy
- Food allergy
- Medication allergy
- Allergy to insect bites and sun
Testing for the allergy is recommended in case of these symptoms:
- Wheezing, nasal congestion and itching, watery discharge from the nose
- Redness of the eyes, itching, tears
- Shortness of breath, tightness in chest, breathing difficulties, cough
- Swelling of lips, tongue, eyelids, face
- Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Dry, dull, itchy red skin
For the patients whose allergic complaints are manifested in the respiratory system, examinations such as spirometry and exhaled nitric oxide level test must be carried out, at certain nosologies.
Todua Clinic is equipped with modern MicroLab Mk8 and NObreath equipment, which allows to conduct the above studies.